Sunday 25 September 2011

Revision

The Dreaded Word

Geography Specification

The first thing that is really important for students is to actually understand what the examiners are looking for in the answers. I think I would actually give out an over view of the specification of that topic on the introduction lesson of Glaciers, so they can follow and mark their own progress.

I have attached a link to the specification that is given by the AQA exam board


Please click on specification and the topic overview of 'Ice on the land' is on page 16.

Practice Papers

I hated doing these while conducting both my GCSE's as well as my A levels. But I could understand why they were so important, it highlighted my weaknesses in terms of subject knowledge and my skills in answering questions.

Again I have attached the link to the AQA website with some pass papers on and the answer booklets for students to practice their exam techniques.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/geo_landt/new/geography_a_materials.php?id=09&prev=09


PowerPoint Quiz using Hyperlink

I have burrowed this idea of creating a PowerPoint quiz using hyperlinks from my Primary school placement and I figured that if Year 6's can do it then maybe some body as computer illiterate as me might be able to have a go.

The idea is that students create an interactive quiz that uses their knowledge of Glaciers. If they get answers right they move onto the next screen if they do not they go back to the beginning.
If I have time, I will create a PowerPoint quiz.

This is again to use different methods to help students identify where they need to put some extra revision in or area's they need one:one tuition from the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment